Saturday, December 29, 2012

One Woman's Prayer




This past week, Manna Cafe was given a card that was actually a birthday card to Jesus, with a monetary gift and a prayer inside:

"Dear Jesus, Happy birthday. You have been so good to me. I know we're not supposed to pay you back but I know you would want me to help the homeless and poor. I praise you and honor you forever."

There was also a note for Kenny:

"Brother Kenny: I'm so glad you're helping the homeless. I have two sons living under a bridge. Pray for them."

As a mom, I can barely imagine the pain of knowing my children were spending these frigid nights under a bridge in a distant city. But this woman has allowed God to transform her pain into a prayer and to create compassion and generosity from her suffering. She's learned that even though we can't "pay back" the kindness of God, we can pass it on.

How about you? How has God used your suffering to bring relief to someone else?  

No comments:

Post a Comment