Saturday, March 19, 2011

Mistakes and All

Last night we had an evening of worship at the Manna House, and as the musicians played and the singers sang, I looked around the warehouse and was completely overwhelmed--as in "I don't know whether to laugh or cry, so I'll do a bit of both" overwhelmed. We've been in Clarksville less than a year, but the changes and growth we've experienced as a ministry are just unbelievable. It's almost more than someone like me, someone with a great love for God but often very small faith, can digest. I've got to start writing it all down. I'm a writer at heart--it's not just what I do for a living, it's also what I do because I MUST, because it's who I am-- so you'd think that recording the details of this wild journey we're on would be a piece of cake, but I realized this morning that two things have been standing in my way: Number One, lack of time--and Number Two, an anal personality that compels me to get everything JUST RIGHT--down to the last comma and preposition, because after all, I'm an editor/writer/proofreader and if someone spots a mistake i'm going to hear about it big-time. Imagine the heat Miss Manners would take if she burped at the dinner table....

So I've made a decision: I'm going to start writing even if I have just a few minutes to spare, which means some of these blog entries might be just a few sentences long--and I'm going to stop fretting about perfection because frankly I don't have time for it. This is a story that must be told, not for me and Kenny but for all those incredible people who have come alongside us in order to make this dream come to pass and for the dreamers of the future who decide that they, too, would rather feed people and hang out w/ addicts than anything else in the world.

Gotta go. There's a Mobile Pantry and several food drives today, and I'm due at Food Lion in an hour.
I'm not even going to proofread this entry.... Gonna just hit "post"... here I go....

No comments:

Post a Comment